Hello there, lovebirds! If you’re reading this, then it’s safe to assume that you’re currently in a romantic relationship and are living in or planning to visit the wonderful state of California! Congrats!
Not only do you get to experience all of the amazing things that come along with being in love, but you also get to do so while living in/ visiting one of the most gorgeous states in the country. Talk about a win-win!
If you’re looking for some dreamy date ideas to help make your relationship even stronger, then look no further! Here are 10 romantic date ideas that are sure to sweep your partner off their feet:
1. Take a scenic hike:
Take a scenic hike together and then picnic at the top of a beautiful viewpoint. You could even bring along a bottle of wine to enjoy with your lunch!
2. Go on a horseback ride:
Go on a horseback ride through a vineyard, and then enjoy a wine tasting together afterward. It’s the perfect way to spend a leisurely afternoon! Some of our favorite vineyards to visit are located in Napa Valley and Sonoma County.
3. Head to the beach for a romantic sunset walk:
Head to the beach for a romantic sunset walk, followed by dinner at a cozy seafood restaurant. Try to get a table with a view of the water so you can enjoy the sunset even more! Some of the best seafood in California can be found right on the coast.
4. Visit an art museum:
Visit an art museum together and then spend some time talking about your favorite paintings. It’s a great way to learn more about each other’s tastes in art! The most popular art museum in California is the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
5. Spend a day exploring San Francisco:
Plan a trip to San Francisco and spend a day exploring all of the city’s famous landmarks. From the Golden Gate Bridge to Chinatown, there’s plenty to see and do! And don’t forget to ride a cable car while you’re there!
6. Take a cooking class together:
Take a cooking class together and learn how to make some of your favorite dishes. It’s a great way to bond while also learning a new skill! From sushi-making classes to Italian cooking classes, you’re sure to find something that interests you both.
7. Go skiing or snowboarding together:
Go skiing or snowboarding together at one of California’s many great resorts. Some of our favorites include Squaw Valley, Mammoth Mountain, and Heavenly Resort. You could even make a weekend out of it and stay in a cozy cabin together!
8. Spend a day exploring a new city:
Spend a day exploring a new city that neither of you has been to before. There’s nothing like venturing into the unknown together and discovering something new! We recommend checking out Sacramento, San Diego, or Santa Barbara.
Why Sacramento? – For its history buffs, hipsters, excellent food scene, and of course, the state Capitol. And don’t forget to explore the Midtown area for some great shopping and dining options.
Why San Diego? – For its perfect weather, stunning beaches, and laid-back vibe. You could even go for a swim with the dolphins at SeaWorld!
Why Santa Barbara? – For its Mediterranean atmosphere, beautiful architecture, and world-class wineries. The perfect place to relax and enjoy some time together!
9. Catch a show at the Hollywood Bowl:
Catch a show at the Hollywood Bowl and picnic under the stars afterward. You can even bring along some champagne to make it extra special!
10. Visit one of California’s beautiful national parks:
Visit one of California’s beautiful national parks, like Yosemite or Joshua Tree, for an outdoor adventure together. For instance, you could go hiking, rock climbing, or even camping! Imagine waking up in each other’s arms, surrounded by the natural beauty of California. This is a picture-perfect way to end any date!
Here’s how to prepare for your romantic getaway:
1. Choose your location: Will you be staying local or venturing out of town? Because there are so many amazing places to visit in California, we recommend picking a spot that’s within driving distance so you can make the most of your time together.
2. Decide on your budget: Whether you’re planning a luxurious weekend away or a lower-key getaway, it’s important to set a budget so you can plan accordingly.
3. Choose your activities: There are endless possibilities when it comes to date ideas in California! Whether you’re into outdoor adventures, wine tasting, or exploring new cities, there’s sure to be something for you both to enjoy.
4. Make reservations: If necessary, book tickets or make reservations in advance.
5. Pack your bags: Don’t forget to pack snacks, drinks, sunscreen, a first-aid kit, and any other essentials.
6. Hit the road: Book a local Anaheim limo service to add a touch of luxury to your day/ night out, and enjoy your romantic getaway!
7. Have fun: Most importantly, relax and enjoy each other’s company. This is your time to create memories that will last a lifetime!
As you can see, there are endless possibilities for romantic date ideas here in California. So get out there and start exploring with your special someone! And don’t forget to have fun along the way!