WHAT TO DO IN NAOUSSA? WHAT IS NAOUSSA FAMOUS FOR? IS IT WORTH A VISIT?
Naoussa is our absolute favorite place in Paros (perhaps even in the whole Greek Cyclades)! Well, we love it!
Directly overlooking the sea with its small streets, its cute discreet beaches, its small port, and the ruins of its Venetian castle, Naoussa has an undeniable character.
HERE IS A GLIMPSE OF WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A VISIT TO NAOUSSA IN PAROS
WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN NAOUSA?
1. Wander through Naoussa Village
Naoussa seduced us by its typical “postcard” feeling. Bright white facades, churches with blue domes, flowers everywhere, and cobbled streets. It can’t be more “Cycladic” than that!
In its alleys, you will find many shops, bars and restaurants! We especially love walking around the village at night, when the village is more lively!
2. Check out the Venetian castle
You won’t be able to miss it, whatever street you take, you will arrive at the port with the ruins of the castle opposite. Dating from the 14th century, today only a ruin remains, the tower and a small wall to access it.
3. The traditional port
You’ve probably seen photos of the small port of Naoussa! It’s the cutest spot in the village. Having lunch or dinner there is an absolute must during a trip to Paros!
Simply pick one of the restaurants around the port. The most famous one being Barbarossa.
With the ruins of the castle or the white houses in the background, the clear water at your feet, and the small traditional boats moored at the port, a stroll is magical.
4. Visit Kolymbithres Beach
Kolymbithres Beach is one of our favorite beaches in Paros! It’s simply a must when visiting this island. The good thing about Naoussa is that you can easily access Kolymbithres Beach (by walking 3-4km, by bus and then walking the last 1km, by water taxi, or with your own vehicle)
With its unique granite rock formations, Kolymbithres Beach forms secluded coves and crystal-clear natural pools. Relax on the sun-kissed sands or swim in the refreshing waters while marveling at the sculpted wonders around you.
5. Chill at Piperi Beach near the village
Piperi Beach is a small but charming beach. It is the closest beach to Naoussa. You can easily walk there. Piperi Beach offers a more intimate and quieter atmosphere compared to some of the larger beaches on Paros.
The beach is surrounded by rocky formations and clear waters, providing picturesque views and a serene ambiance.
6. Have fun with watersports or boat trips
The best location for watersports is near Kolymbithres Beach, in the waterski area.
There are also so many boat tours which you can do in Paros. Boat Tours are one of our favorite things to do in the Cyclades!
Check the below activities:
7. Visit the scenic churches in Naoussa
You can’t miss the Faneromeni (Panagía) Church. This is located up the hill, to the highest point in Naoussa! Visiting this church is one of the best things to do in Naoussa. (LOCATION). The view from up there is fantastic!
More in the town, also visit the cute Holy Chapel of Saint Nicholas.
OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND CAFES IN NAOUSSA
In Naoussa, you’ll find so many awesome bars, restaurants, and cafes. It was so much fun exploring so many great places during our trip to Naoussa. Here, we listed our favorite places:
Best Bars in Naoussa:
- Linardo: this is a MUST in Paros to admire the sunset. Linardo is located right in the old port… WE ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS PLACE. (INSTA)
- Medusa Cocktail Bar Paros: our 2nd favorite place to chill. Located in the middle of Naoussa, this is a go-to place for locals and tourists! (WEBSITE)
- Kosmos Cocktail Bar: Known for its creative cocktails and friendly ambiance, this bar is perfect for a relaxed evening while enjoying the sea breeze (LOCATION)
Our Favorite Restaurants:
- Barbarossa: Situated by the waterfront, Barbarossa offers a mix of Mediterranean and Greek cuisine with seafood specialties. This place is legendary in Naoussa. It’s a must-try! (LOCATION)
- Sigi Ikthios: A seafood restaurant with a cozy atmosphere and excellent dishes prepared with fresh catch-of-the-day ingredients. It is located right next to Barbarossa.
- Taverna Glafkos: Known for its traditional Greek cuisine, especially its moussaka and grilled dishes. It has an unbeatable location, right by the beach. Best to go there for lunch!
Best Cafes and bakeries:
- Ragoussis Bakery: This place is known by everyone in Naoussa. It offers all kinds of sweet and savory pastries, as well as cooked dishes. Perfect for breakfast! (LOCATION)
- Almond in Paros: Looking for a cafe or brunch in Naoussa, search no longer, Almond is the go-to place for just that! (SITE)
Remember, part of the charm of Naoussa is exploring its hidden gems, so don’t hesitate to wander off the beaten path and discover local spots for an authentic experience. Reservations are often recommended, especially during the peak tourist seasons, to ensure you secure a table at your desired restaurant or bar.
BEST HOTELS IN NAOUSSA?
Here are our favorite hotels in Naoussa:
Piperaki Project is one of the best hotels in Naoussa! It is located just outside the town, but still within walking distance. The hosts were extremely nice and made us feel at home!
Saint Andrea Seaside Resort – most luxurious ones
This is a luxurious hotel with a stunning seafront location. It offers elegant rooms, a beautiful pool area, and fantastic views of the Aegean Sea.
Hotel Senia – the most stylish one!
Known for its excellent service and modern, comfortable rooms, Senia Hotel is situated close to the center of Naoussa. It offers a relaxing atmosphere and a lovely pool area.
HOW TO GET TO NAOUSSA AND AROUND?
Getting to Naousa, Greece, typically involves arriving on the island of Paros first, as Naousa is a village on this island. Here are some common ways to reach Paros and then navigate around to Naousa:
If you arrive by Air:
Paros has a domestic airport, so you can fly directly from Athens or other Greek cities. The flight duration from Athens is around 45 minutes. From the airport you can either reach Naoussa by bus, take a taxi or rent a car.
If you arrive by Sea:
Ferries operate regularly from Athens’ ports (Piraeus or Rafina) to Paros or other Greek islands. You will arrive in Paros main town: Parikia
Getting Around in Naoussa:
- Bus: Paros has a public bus system connecting various towns and villages. Buses run from Parikia (the main port) to Naousa, and the journey takes around 20-30 minutes. (TIMETABLE)
- Taxi/Car Rental: Taxis are available on the island, or you can rent a car or scooter to explore at your own pace. Naousa is about a 10-15 minute drive from Parikia. >> COMPARE BEST PRICES HERE
- Walking: Naousa is relatively small and easily walkable. Strolling through the village allows you to soak in its charm and discover hidden spots.
FINAL THOUGHTS – IS NAOUSSA WORTH IT?
Naoussa is our favorite island in Greece! It’s cute and charming, it has beautiful beaches, it’s cheaper than other popular islands in the Cyclades… Well, 100% Worth it in our opinion!
Whether you seek relaxation on sun-drenched beaches, cultural explorations, or thrilling adventures, Naoussa promises an experience that resonates long after the journey ends.
ENJOY YOUR TRIP TO NAOUSSA!
Other places to visit in Greece:
- 25 AWESOME THINGS TO SEE IN SANTORINI
- MOST AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN PARIKIA, PAROS IN GREECE
- ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PAROS
- DISCOVER THE 10 BEST BEACHES IN PAROS
- ANTIPAROS GUIDE: 8 BEST THINGS TO DO
- THE PERFECT 3-DAY ITINERARY TO VISIT SANTORINI
- DISCOVER PYRGOS, ONE OF THE MOST TRADITIONAL VILLAGES IN SANTORINI