WHAT TO SEE AT THE KL BIRD PARK? IS THE KL BIRD PARK WORTH IT? HOW LONG TO VISIT KL BIRD PARK?
One of the best things to do in Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia, is to visit the KL Bird Park! Indeed, it’s one of the world’s largest covered bird parks in the world!
Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, the KL Bird Park is a park of more than 23 hectares dedicated to birds. It is home to nearly 200 different species and 3,000 birds. Impressive right?
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT KL BIRD PARK
And yet, it is an immersive park. This means that you evolve directly in huge aviaries, often close to birds.
At KL Bird Park you can take your time to admire the different species. Even though the park is huge, the plan is quite simple to follow. There are 4 areas and a few paths that form a loop in the park.
Practical information about KL Bird Park
For those planning to embark on a journey into the avian wonderland of the Park, a few key points are worth noting:
OPERATING HOURS: The park is open daily from 9:00am till 5:30pm
ENTRANCE FEES: Admission fees vary for adults, children, and senior citizens however, you can purchase your discounted ticket here which includes a 1 way transfer.
GUIDED TOURS: Engaging guided tours are available for a more comprehensive understanding of the park’s residents and conservation efforts. More info here.
ACTIVITIES: There are many shoes not to be missed during your visit. Check out the sign around the park for the exact timing.
HOW LONG TO VISIT KL BIRD PARK: Count at least 2 hours. You can spend much longer than that if you eat there and watch multiple shows.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Photographers will find endless opportunities to capture the beauty of these feathered inhabitants. However, it’s essential to adhere to park guidelines to ensure the birds’ well-being.
How to get to KL Bird Park?
Getting to KL Bird Park in Kuala Lumpur is relatively easy, as it is a well-known tourist destination. Here are several transportation options you can consider:
BY TAXI OR GRAB: Taking a taxi or using ride-sharing services like Grab is a convenient way to reach the Park. Simply enter “KL Bird Park” as your destination, and the driver will take you directly to the park’s entrance.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- LRT (Light Rail Transit): Take the LRT Kelana Jaya Line and get off at the KL Sentral station. From there, you can either take a taxi or use Grab to reach the park. Alternatively, you can take a bus from KL Sentral to the park.
- Bus: Various bus routes connect different parts of Kuala Lumpur to the KL Bird Park. You can use the RapidKL buses or other local bus services. Check the bus routes and schedules beforehand to plan your journey.
- By Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Consider using the KL Hop-On Hop-Off bus service, which is a tourist-friendly option that stops at multiple attractions, including the KL Bird Park. This bus service provides commentary about the attractions along the route, making it a convenient and informative way to travel.
BY CAR: if you have your own car, then it’s pretty straightforward. There is free parking in front of the park with plenty of spaces.
What to see inside KL Bird Park?
The park is divided into multiple sections, which also contains specific feeding time and various shows!
Inside Zone 1 you will see many peacocks roaming freely as well as the magnificent Flamingos Pond with a small restaurant right beside. Here you can also see the impressive eagles, ducks, and all kinds of colorful birds! The part we liked the most was probably the owls!
If you visit the park during feeding time, you will be able to see some birds up close! Which makes this entire visit even more interesting!
Zone 2 is much more focused on nature almost feeling like a trail in the middle of a rainforest connected by various bridges. However, the star of the show here is the huge Ostrich!
Zone 3 was probably our favorite part. Here you can see the main highlight of the park: The Rhinoceros Hornbill, one of the largest hornbill species in the world!
Although it is not easy to spot this bird high in the tree, once you can see it, you will feel like a kid again! Such a beautiful bird. The highlight of the park!
The Hornbill feeding session is at 11:30am, this is the best time to see the bird!
This is the largest part of the park! You can see parrots, ostriches, many types of colorful tropical birds and a beautiful waterfall at the end! Opposite the waterfall there is The Amphitheatre with shows at 12.30pm and 3.30pm daily.
Another fun activity is to feed the small parrots directly from your hand.
Lastly a big part of this section is focused on educational displays and galleries!
Where to eat inside the park?
The Hornbill Restaurant & Cafe is the main place to eat inside KL Bird Park! They serve delicious Local dishes like Nasi Goreng or Satay but also a few western dishes.
FINAL THOUGHTS – IS KL BIRD PARK WORTH IT?
Although the price of the park may seem quite high at first glance, you can spend as much time as you want in the park, attend the animals’ feeding time and watch a few shows.
The fact that there are very few cages inside the park and most birds can roam freely is really great! You can approach most of them very closely!
Our favorite is for sure the Hornbills.
The KL Bird Park with its awe-inspiring aviaries, diverse bird species, and dedication to conservation, is in our opinion totally worth a visit!
- 20 BEST THINGS TO SEE IN PENANG, MALAYSIA
- GUIDE TO VISITING BATU CAVES NEAR KL
- VISIT KLCC PARK IN KUALA LUMPUR
- 30 BEST CAFES AND BRUNCH IN KL
- DISCOVER BANGSAR IN KL
- BEST THINGS TO DO IN GENTING HIGHLANDS
- BEST PLACES TO STAY IN KUALA LUMPUR
- AWESOME PLACES TO SEE IN LANGKAWI
- BEST THINGS TO DO ON TIOMAN ISLAND, MALAYSIA
- VISIT COLMAR TROPICALE NEAR KUALA LUMPUR
- DISCOVER THE JAPANESE GARDEN IN BUKIT TINGGI
- 15 FUN FACTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT MALAYSIA!
- VISIT SUNWAY LAGOON IN KL